Thursday, November 27, 2008

TIME FOR THE TURKEY COMA

It's that time again for being thankful, no matter how craptastic your circumstances. Why it takes a national holiday for us to remember such things is beyond me. But there you have it.

I'm thankful for friends who find my company appealing, though God knows why.

I'm thankful for family, who love me because they have to. It's in the fine print, damn it.

I'm thankful that in this wretched economy, I have a job with benefits, even if sometimes it makes me want to sit down with a bottle of Jack Daniels and see how long it takes to get to the bottom.

I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head, food on the table and clothes on my back.

I'm thankful that I'm ambulatory and cognizant.

And I'm thankful the Phillies finally won the damned World Series.

No comments: